www.arteecollage.com

Inspired by London's cosmopolitan and diverse culture, Arteecollage brings you luxury quality clothing with a contemporary feel. We purvey a functional and unique style to your everyday wardrobe by presenting a range of apparel ideal for men and women.

Friday 30 November 2012

RESIDENT BLOGGER: UNI DAYS WITH EMMA SALTER


We’ve all been victims of poor dressing as a result of a spectacular hangover. But here is where that all too frequent nightmare ends, particularly for you students who have a tendency to, ahem, rave on a school night. Hear how to achieve daytime chic without all the unnecessary effort straight from a hungover student’s mouth.

‘Uni Days’, by Emma Salter


After a heavy partying session last night, figuring out what to wear for a 9am lecture was the last thing I needed to mull over this morning. In an ideal world I would much rather walk into uni in my cosy Sesame Street pyjama’s, but heck I’m no longer a dewy-eyed, opportunist first year.

Being a third year student about to step into the real world, I have to dress to impress. So earlier today I searched for the quick and easy fix in my wardrobe that is the legendary leggings and basic top combo and team it with a few cool accessories for a chic alternative to comfort dressing.
Stockists

Military jacket
£28 – fashionunion.com
Arteecollage black leggings
amazon.co.uk £12
Converse shoes
£40 – debenhams.com
Box chain necklace
£14 topshop.com
H m
£7.99 – hm.com
Womens Arteecollage Urban Casual T Shirts Smart Chic Exceptional…
£9.50 – amazon.co.uk

Black leggings are the saviour of all simple and easy dressing – they literally go with anything, and these modal, silky feel leggings from Arteecollage are my favourite. They are comfortable and the texture makes them elegant, chic and with a luxurious feel. But the trick with leggings is you need to be weary of the unwritten rule: never  wear a t-shirt that doesn’t cover your bum. No one, and I repeat no one, wants to see your VPL! So I’ve taken the safe route with this Arteecollage casual tee, which has a laid-back style that’s ideal for everyday outfits. The off-grey colour compliments my skin tone and the soft modal fabric makes it stretchable enough to cover my derrière.

To accentuate the soft neutral hues in this top I’ve accessorised with my box chain cross necklace from Topshop. The rosary bead style gives that extra edge. It’s also getting chillier as the weeks drag on towards Christmas so I’m never without my trusty camo jacket from Fashion Union. The heavyweight style bulks up my outfit and keeps me warm in winter. For added warmth I look to my faux fur stole from H&M. The two textures are very different but somehow work really well in the winter months, a bonus is also that faux fur never goes out of fashion! When it comes to off-duty, casual dressing, I have no trouble deciding which shoes to wear: my the reliable converses that will get me to uni in a flash!
The centre piece of today’s outfit is this urban casual top that’s extremely flattering, which means I can wear it with almost everything as it’s so simple. With Arteecollage apparel it’s easy to look chic when you’re in a rush and when you want something casual to help cure your hangover. This everyday look can be reinvigorated with different colours and this top comes in a range of colours to suit your style.
See the Arteecollage website for more styles and colours.

If you want to recreate my outfit for less, check out Arteecollages‘ Amazon sale which still has some amazing pieces available for super cheap! Many modal dresses, tops and trousers are 50% off! Prices start from just £6.50.


- Emma Salter
www.emmasalter.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment